Battle of the Books 2021 is here!
This year we will have a mini Battle of the Books. “Mini” meaning there are 5 books in each grade level (in a regular year there are 10).
- Students who commit to participating will read each of the books for their grade level and attend practices in April.
- Please read the books in a timely manner so that others can read them too.
- The public library has copies as well.
- Audio books and shared reading with an adult are all acceptable.
- The Battle itself will be online in some format. Likely on Teams!
- Sadly, there is no opportunity to compete in Vernon (or online) as they are not doing the Battle this year.
- Students in grades 3-7 are invited to participate.
Step 1: Sign out a book from the correct grade level bin. (Max of 1 at a time.)
Step 2: Read. Try to bring it back in a timely manner so another teammate can sign it out.
Step 3: Fill out the blue Battle form to “register” that you read the book.
Step 4: Attend practices in April.
Step 5: Do your best in the Battle which will take place in April online.
Questions can be directed to Ms. Wilson in the library.
Grade 3/4 Books:
- I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888 by Lauren Tarshis.
- The Story of Tracy Beaker, by Jaqueline Wilson.
- The Ember Stone (The Last Firehawk), by Katrina Charman.
- Wolfie and Fly, by Cary Fagan.
- Beware Pirates! (Canadian Flyer), by Frieda Wishinsky.
Grade 4/5 Books:
- Blubber, by Judy Blume.
- Hamish X and the Cheese Pirates, by Sean Cullen.
- War Stories, by Gordon Korman.
- Pax, by Sara Pennypacker.
- Roll With It, by Jamie Sumner.
Grade 6/7 Books:
- Brian’s Winter, by Gary Paulsen.
- The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan.
- The War That Saved My Life, by Kimberley Brubaker Bradley.
- Insignificant Events In the Life of a Cactus, by Dusti Bowling.
- The Misfits, by James Howe.